We all know that Magic Kingdom is the go-to park for families with small children when visiting Walt Disney World. It's full of fantasy, magic and castles. As a Disney Vacation Planner, I also point many guest with small children to Animal Kingdom, it's a giant playground for kids especially if there is an explorer in the family. If your children love the zoo then there is no doubt they will love Animal Kingdom.
Disney's Animal Kingdom offers Kids Discovery Clubs aimed towards children between the ages of 5-8. Six interactive learning areas bring the wild to life. Kids Discovery Clubs provide activities to help young children get a deeper understanding of the world around them. Complimentary at all 6 Kids' Discovery clubs, the Kids' Discovery Club Passport is your child’s ticket to fun. After completing an activity, kids receive a stamp in their passport. Once they collect all 6 stamps, they will receive a special mystery prize. To locate the various Kids Discovery Clubs look for a "K" on your theme park map.
Locations and Activities are subject to change:
- Discovery Island - Learn all about insects and see the world through bug eyes.
- Camp Minnie-Mickey - Identify specific animal-related objects by touch.
- Dinoland U.S.A. - Dig for fossils and then assemble a dinosaur.
- Rafiki’s Planet Watch - Hunt for common backyard “wildlife.”
- Asia - Analyze animal calls.
- Africa - Become a wildlife detective and track an animal.
This is an amazing FREE activity for kids at Animal Kingdom and will surely pass the time. On your next Disney vacation be sure not to pass over Animal Kingdom because you think the kids won't like it. I assure you there is plenty for them to explore.
by Jennifer Greene
Disney World, Disney Cruise, Disneyland, Disney Hawaii, and Adventures by Disney Specialist