Here are a few bullet-points what we learn from these reports, and my quick thoughts on them as well
- The entire area will be called “World of Pandora”. I would have thought just “Pandora” would have done the trick
- The E-ticket’s building will be four or five stories tall, getting upwards of 80 feet high. Most likely the “floating mountain” design
- The plans call for four theaters, with 3 ride levels in each theater. It’s hard to tell if the capacity is bigger than Soarin’, but let’s hope so
- There will be a pre-show area
- We still have no specifics on ride vehicles, but it appears the vehicle will be suspended from the ceiling.
- despite the size of the theater, they are taking elaborate measure to make sure all riders exit in the same area...hello gift shop!
- for those who have actual been to Universal,which I have not in 20 years, apparently this is more like the Simpsons Ride than it is like Soarin.
To be honest, there isn’t much here that we didn’t already know or assume to be the case. This is a major investment on Disney’s part and it has to be in order to appease the critics who are not happy with the very idea of it. It will be interesting to see if these blueprints ever surface in the media. My guess is if these reports gain momentum and are accurate, that may just be the next “leak” to come down the pipeline.
by Dave McBride (@RadioHarambe)